11 September 2011

Horatio Spafford

I was very encouraged by the hymn "It is Well" tonight at church. And subsequently inspired to share with you the story of its author, Horatio Spafford. Check out his story here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Spafford
It's really incredible.

It has been a difficult transition, with misunderstandings at work and feeling limited by the precarious situation in Guatemala. I often wonder (as most of us do) what God's plan is for me here. Regardless, it is well:)

5 comments:

  1. I love that song Jenny... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've really needed to hear lately; it is providential that you would share it. Thank you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teaching and rereading Leif Enger's Peace Like a River, which takes its title from that hymn. The chapters all relate to the trials laid out in the lines of the hymn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Peace Like a River...and wish I would have known that about the hymn while I was reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete