02 September 2011

The House of Healing (sans Faramir)

Hey folks. Sorry it has been such a long time since my last post. And this one, I'm afraid, will be brief. Prayers are appreciated for me, Heather, our friend Teresa, and our housemate Christy. All four of us are sick this weekend with various flus, colds, and mysterious viruses so prayers for healing would be wonderful. There is, unfortunately, no Lord of the Rings healing power in our little apartment so divine intervention is top priority;)

At least I don't suffer from "hippo" like one of my fifth graders this week. He tried to get out of his work by saying this and it might have worked, until I discovered that by "hippo" he meant "hiccup." More on my little charges later...



6 comments:

  1. I think your fifth grader has stumbled upon something great. I'm going to call all hiccups "hippos" from now on.
    Will pray that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better Jenny!!! Will be praying for you. And that is hilarious about your 5th grader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you. Drink fluids. I love the hippos story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Are you observing the Labor Day Holiday today (in an American school with Korean students in Guatemala)? At least that would give you an extra day to rest. Praying for quick recoveries all around. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always preferred the healing powers of Gilmore Girls to Lord of the Rings :). I'll watch an episode and send the healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear friend - I was glad to have a blog post to show us that you're still alive, but sad to find out about the sickness. I'm praying and I hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete